Gayapolis.com Usage Policy
Gayapolis will not trade or sell the names on its mailing lists to any other company or individual. Email addresses added to our list will be used solely for our own internal and marketing purposes - and emails provided for our contest entry will be shared only with the contest property, who will not share them with any other party. In addition, we will immediately remove anyone from the list upon receipt of a written request (via email or US mail).
Gayapolis is a directory service only, not a recommendation service. We list businesses who claim to be gay-owned or gay-friendly, and post the information we receive "as-is". This information is not warranted or guaranteed in any way. We do not visit each business to verify its claims, and cannot be held responsible for failure by any of the establishments herein to meet those claims. Anyone who uses this information agrees to do so solely at their own risk.
We do not screen businesses listed here for compliance with federal, state, or local registration, safety, or other legal requirements. The site visitor takes sole responsibility for investigating such compliance themselves.
Gayapolis also does not take responsibility for materials or statements listed on third-parties' linked pages we link to which are not part of the Gayapolis site.
Gayapolis does not mediate disagreements between businesses and travelers, and any comments or questions about the content of the listings on this site should be forwarded to the business directly.
Gayapolis reserves the right to refuse or delete any listing at our discretion.
New Listings: Gayapolis is a gay-owned and gay-operated business designed to help the gay and lesbian community find suitable businesses. The following is a partial list of requirements, although other requirements may be added at any time:
1. the business must be owned by an innkeeper who is either gay or gay-friendly
2. accommodation and other stationary listings must represent only ONE property at ONE address (we only list individual properties - we don't list rental / management companies, rental services, directories, etc)
3. the business must be listed by a unique business name (not the name of a larger reservation service or management company, but the legal business name assigned to the individual company as it appears on the business license for that company)
4. the website must be dedicated to the business submitted to Gayapolis (not a "joint" site that showcases multiple properties); the name of the business must appear in the logo, at the top of the page and throughout the text
5. contact info must be disclosed (website address, email address, name of contact, phone number)
6. all fields of the Free Listing submission form must be completed (incomplete submissions will be deleted)
7. Listing submitter is solely responsible for its compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, licensing requirements, and other governmental requirements in performing its obligations and exercising its rights under this Agreement. Listing submitter warrants it holds all necessary federal, state, and local licenses and permits in order to operate its business in accordance with applicable law. Listing submitter indemnifies and holds harmless Gayapolis from any and all liabilities, claims, assessments, penalties, and the like arising from its failure to comply with such laws.
An editor will review your submission to determine if it is suitable for Gayapolis.
The following sources will be used to verify a name change (other sources may be used, as well):
1. your website logo
2. the text of your website (new name must be reflected throughout)
3. online searches of address books
4. your local phone directory (Directory Assistance)
5. your business license (copy of current license depicting new business name must be mailed to Gayapolis)
If any of the above cannot be met, the listing will be suspended from the Gayapolis directory until the issue has been resloved.
Purchases are Final:
The payment remitted covers the cost of creating your listing, Once your listing has been created, we cannot provide a refund. Listings are not transferrable between businesses.
We usually add new business listings to the directory within 21 business days of receipt of the application.
We provide the form for you to fill out in your own words (including errors). We reserve the right to edit your listing text as necessary to (1) fit the allotted space, (2) for appropriateness of language, or 3) for Search Engine ranking purposes.
Special Priced Listing Offers:
Specials, when offered, are applicable to new business only.
Hosting for each subsequent year will be billed on an annual basis. We do not keep credit cards on file, and do not auto-renew.
The owner of the Gayapolis website, Mongoose on the Loose Inc., is registered under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. We do not knowingly post materials that violate copyright laws. If you are the owner of materials that you believe are improperly posted on the Gayapolis site, the safe harbor provision of this law requires that you contact us first and give us the opportunity to remove the offending material, and protects us from liability as long as we do so expeditiously.
To contact us about a claim under DMCA, please send an email to J. Scott Coatsworth at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
--The name, address, and electronic signature of the complaining party
--The infringing materials and their Internet location
--Sufficient information to identify the copyrighted works
--A statement by the owner that it has a good faith belief that there is no legal basis for the use of the materials complained of
--A statement of the accuracy of the notice and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on the behalf of the owner
Once we verify your claim, we will remove the material(s) expeditiously.
We do not condone the use of copyrighted materials without permission on the Gayapolis site. If you are a Gayapolis user and you post such materials, please be aware that the DMCA may not protect you individually from liability. Individuals who repeatedly infringe copyrighted material will be removed from our network.